Digital Marketing strategy for an online pet shop – Fabulous Pets
Having a digital marketing strategy is key for success in any business. At Fabulous Pets we strive to make online shopping for all your pets needs a lot easier than what it has been in the past. We offers goods suited for all your pets needs ranging from toys, food, beds and much more, we are currently focusing on supplying goods for cats and dogs but we are looking to expand to provide for other pets in the near future. We stand by our vision – Fabulous Pets – “your one stop shop for all your pets needs!”
In order to determining your short term and long term goals, we tend to stick to the structure of SMART.
SMART stands for –
S – Specific
M – Measurable
A – Attainable
R – Relevant
T – Time-bound
Our Short term goals would include:
- Developing an established brand on social media within 1 month of being open.
- Attain at least 250 followers on our instagram and facebook pages
Our long term goals would include:
- Having at least 2500 followers on our instagram and facebook page by the end of 2022
- Expanding our product variety in the sense of providing for other pets other than dogs and cats by the end of 2022
- To be able to donate to rescue centers whether it be in cash donations or goods needed for the animals that have been surrendered/rescued
- Male and female pet owners
- Any age above 16 years old
- Develop an Website to create an online presence
In order to develop an online presence, we need to focus on creating a webpage as well as our social media pages. An webpage will make it easier for your customers to find you and to purchase goods from you. There are many free domain sites that one could use such as Wix.com, and many more.
- Create Social media pages
Creating a social media page attracts customers and essentially widens your audience field. We could do this by creating a Facebook page, Instagram page and a LinkedIn page.
The bonus of creating these pages is that you’ll be able to make use of their analytics options which will give you insight of how your page is doing with regards to being seen, liked, followed, etc.
- Start a Google My Business account
Starting a google my business account will help you to start geting your business recognised in google searches and it will also help you track how your webpages is doing, how your customers are finding your page and more.
- Next this we need to do is do a SWOT analysis and analyse our biggest competitors
Doing a SWOT analysis will enable us to realise what our strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are. It will help us to analyse the areas we need to add some improvement to do as well as give us an opportunity to understand who our competitors are and how we can improve to get a better client base.
- Start a blog linked to your webpage
Starting a blog that is linked to your webpage will increase the traffic to you webpage and with that being said it will more than likely increase your customer base. Starting a blog will increase the SEO of your page, making it easier to attract traffic to your webpage.
- Establish your brand
Establish your brand by improving on your content that you advertise. When creating content for your business, aim to make the content simple but attracting. We want customers to know who we are, what we do and what we offer just by looking at our advertising and content we offer.